Job Posting for ECON 111 and 112 (online)
(Posted February 20, 2014)
The Department of Economics invites applications from suitably qualified candidates interested in teaching positions in the Summer term of 2014, the Fall term of 2014 and the Winter term of 2015.
Summer term appointments will be the period May 5, 2014 to July 25, 2014, followed by an examination period.
Fall term appointments will be for the period September 1, 2014 to December 31, 2014.
Winter term appointments will be for the period January 1, 2015 to April 30, 2015.
Available courses include:
- introductory microeconomics (ECON 111) (Summer term) (position filled)
- introductory macroeconomics (ECON 112) (Fall term) (position filled)
- introductory microeconomics (ECON 111) (Winter term)
As these courses are being offered online, successful candidates will also:
· have regular access to high speed internet and a computer that meets current specifications
· be willing to take an active role in delivering the course and communicating regularly with students
· be open to learning how to use the new technologies in order to be effective in the virtual environment
· be flexible in terms of availability, which may include offering online office hours via the web at times outside of the regular 9-5 work week
· be willing to provide students with timely and constructive feedback on Moodle
· be comfortable with working in a partnership with Continuing and Distance Studies in the delivery of the course.
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Queen's University is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Candidates should be enrolled as Ph.D. students and have completed their comprehensive examinations.
Graduate Teaching Assistants and Teaching Fellows at Queen's University are governed by the Collective Agreement between the Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC) and the University. Remuneration will be in accordance with the Collective Agreement, and appointments are subject to funding or enrollment criteria.
Applications should include a complete and current curriculum vitae, an unofficial copy of your transcript, a letter of reference from one (1) referee, and any other relevant materials the candidate wishes to submit for consideration (e.g. letter of intent, teaching dossier, etc.). Please arrange to have applications and supporting letters sent directly to:
Head's Administrative Assistant
Department of Economics
Kingston, Ontario, Canada K7L 3N6
Note: The letter of reference should be sent separately by a qualified referee who is familiar with the applicant's teaching experience. Review of applications will begin on February 24, 2014 and continue until the position is filled.