There are many compelling reasons for students who want a high-quality graduate degree in Economics to study at Queen's:
- We are widely recognized as one of the leading Economics departments in Canada.
- The M.A. program is challenging, rigorous, and of moderate size. We aim for about 40 students per year. Read more about the advantages of the M.A. program.
- The Ph.D. program is small, and there is a great deal of interaction between faculty and students.
- Read more about the advantages of the Ph.D. program.
- Graduates of both programs have had great success in initial job placements and in their subsequent careers.
- All students are assigned an office with a phone and a computer to provide network access. There are usually either four M.A. or two Ph.D. students to an office.
- We encourage prospective applicants to visit us and will be happy to show you around the Department of Economics. The Student Recruitment Office also offers daily campus tours. Travel information and directions to the department are available here, and general information about visiting Queen's is available here. If you have any questions, please call 613-533-2259.