I am pleased to invite you to consult SSHRC’s website for new information regarding SSHRC’s Talent, Insight and Connection programs for the 2015 competitions.
Policies, Guidelines, Regulations and Related Information:
· The new Tri-Agency Open Access Policy on Publications has been integrated into SSHRC’s website. For information, consult the updated Open Access landing page.
- As has previously been announced, SSHRC has launched new Guidelines for Review of Aboriginal Research and a new Aboriginal Research Statement of Principles.
- The policy on Appeals of Decisions Based on Merit Review has been updated.
- See the Definition of Terms page for new definitions for “Aboriginal research” and “knowledge mobilization”, and for updated definitions of “emerging scholars” and “record of research achievement”.
Program Descriptions and Funding Opportunities:
· Two new Joint initiatives, the Healthy and Productive Work Joint Initiative with the Canadian Institutes of Health Research and Societal Implications of Disruptive Innovation with Genome Canada have been launched and the Sport Participation Research Initiative with Sports Canada has been updated.
· The descriptions and application material for the following funding opportunities have been updated:
o Knowledge Synthesis Grants : What effects will the quest for energy and natural resources have on our society and our position on the world stage?
· The descriptions and application material for the following funding opportunities will be updated and launched soon:
o Partnership Development Grants
o Community and College Social Innovation Fund: After the first successful competition of this pilot funding opportunity, SSHRC is pleased to announce a second competition to be launched in August 2015. The deadline date for submitting applications will be in late November or early December 2015. For more information, please contact Éric Bergeron, at firstname.lastname@example.org. SSHRC thanks all of the colleges, polytechnics and CÉGEPs for their support.
Director | Directrice
Programs Planning and Operations Division | Division de la planification et des opérations des programmes
Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada
Conseil de recherches en sciences humaines du Canada
350 Albert Street | 350, rue Albert, Ottawa, ON K1P 6G4
E | C email@example.com