The Hand-Purvis Conference room and adjoining lounge in Dunning Hall were bursting at the seams with graduating students and their families together with staff, faculty and friends of the QED. Despite inclement weather and an unusual time for the economics convocation ceremony, the lunch-time reception was extremely well attended and particularly boisterous. It was a great opportunity for faculty and staff to be able to offer their congratulations to the students and their families.
As is customary at this event, several prizes were awarded:
- Departmental Medal to Kelsey Hoi
- Douglas D. Purvis Prize to Juliette Deck-Remillard
- Chancellor C.A. Dunning Thesis Prize to Inez Hillel
- Honourable Mentions to Esraa Abdel Khalik, Noah Buffam, Molly Helferty, Elizabeth Keyes, Matthew Krutkiewicz, Alexander Vanderhoof, Xinyan Wang and Jiajun Wei
- James Bocking Prize to Gillian Bevan
The QED Undergraduate Teaching Prize was also awarded to Professor Marie-Louise Viero.
Congratulations to all our graduates!