There are many ways to get to Kingston. This page first describes the principal methods of doing so and then provides more detail for those who are driving. The City of Kingston web pages include useful information and maps.
Four Ways to Get to Kingston
- Fly to Pearson International Airport (YYZ) in Toronto and take a train to Kingston. You can take the Union-Pearson Express Train to Union station in Toronto and then take the train to Kingston from there. For train times, see Via Rail. Note that the last Toronto-Kingston train currently departs at 6.30 pm. If you are coming directly from downtown Toronto, the train from Union Station is usually the best alternative.
- Fly to Toronto and take a bus to Kingston. You can take a Megabus or a Flixbus from the airport directly to Kingston (last bus currently departs at 7pm). Alternatively, you can take the UP Express Train to Union station and then take a Flixbus to Kingston from there.
- Fly to Trudeau International Airport (YUL) in Montreal and take a train to Kingston. You can take the short (5 min.) shuttle service to Dorval train station and then take the train to Kingston from there. Note that the last Dorval-Kingston train currently departs at 6.45 pm. If you are coming directly from downtown Montreal, the train from Central Station is usually the best alternative.
- Fly to Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa (YOW), or Syracuse (SYR), and drive to Kingston. It is about 2 hours from Ottawa airport to Kingston, 2.5 from Syracuse, 3 hours from Montreal, and about the same from Toronto. There is also an airport in Watertown, NY (ART), which has two American Airlines flights a day from Philadelphia (PHL). It is less than 1.5 hours from Kingston. If you are coming directly from Ottawa, the train may be a good alternative to driving.
- There are currently no commercial passenger flights to Kingston.
Parking at Queen's
The Economics Department is in Dunning Hall, 94 University Avenue, which is on the southwest corner of Union Street and University Avenue. There is an underground lot a little bit west of Dunning Hall. After you park, proceed to Dunning Hall. Go in either the Union Street or University Avenue entrances and take the stairs to the second floor. The main office is in Dunning 209.
There is another underground lot a bit further from the Department. To get to it, continue on Union Street to the light, turn right onto University Avenue, and then turn left at the bottom of University Avenue. Then turn left again, very soon afterwards, into the underground parking lot. The exit of the lot is immediately to the east of University Avenue, and the entrance is just beyond it. After you park your car, you should be able to get out of the underground lot via a staircase at the north end, near University Avenue. Walk back to Dunning Hall, go in the main entrance, and take the spiral stairs to the second floor.