The APEC-M-BAH Plan consists of 66.0 units:
- 27 units of Core courses,
- 33 units of optional courses
- and 6 units of support courses.
The Plan, alone, or in combination with a Minor in another subject, and with sufficient electives to total 120.0 units will lead to a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Degree. (For students admitted prior to September 2017 it is 114.0 units.)
The Arts and Sciences Calendar is the official statement of requirements. The information provided below is for convenience only.
Core Courses (27 units)
[ ECON 111/3.0 AND ECON 112/3.0 ]
Note: students should always take the statistics course required for their major and an alternative (not exclusion) course in their other subject.
Option (33 units)
|A||15.0||from||Options List 2.A.i OR 2.A.ii|
i Seminar Option (15.0 units)
a. 3.0 units from ECON 480/3.0-499/3.0
b. 9 units from ECON at the 400 level
ii. Thesis Option (15.0 units)
a. 6.0 units in ECON 590/6.0
b. 9.0 units from ECON at the 400 level
|B||3.0||from||ECON 231/3.0; ECON 232/3.0;
ECON 331/3.0; ECON 332/3.0;
|D||3.0||from||ECON at any level|
ECON at any level
NOTE: Students in ECON/APEC plans who wish to use COMM 211 and/or COMM 221 as ECON/APEC options must take those courses at the 200-level. Students may NOT use 600-level COMM course equivalents for that purpose, nor toward the total unit count in Arts and Science degrees.
Supporting (6.0 units)
[ MATH 123/3.0 AND MATH 124/3.0 ]
- At least half of the 400- and 500-level units must be obtained at Queen’s University, including the seminars ECON 480-499.
- The prerequisite for fourth year seminars include a minimum average GPA of 2.6 in the top 30 Units of Economics.
- A maximum of 9.0 units from courses offered by other Faculties and Schools may be counted toward the Program and/or Plan requirements, provided they are included on the list of the APEC options.