The ECON-M-BAH PLAN consists of 66 units:
- 27 units of Core courses,
- 33 units of optional courses
- and 6 units of support courses.
The Plan, alone, or in combination with a Minor in another subject, and with sufficient electives to total 120.0 units will lead to a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Degree. (for students admitted prior to September 2017 it is 114.0 units.)
The Arts and Sciences Calendar is the official statement of requirements. The information provided below is for convenience only.
Core Courses (27 units)
[ ECON 111/3.0 AND ECON 112/3.0 ]
Note: students should always take the statistics course required for their major and an alternative (not exclusion) course in their other subject.
Option (33 units)
|A||15.0||from||Options List 2.A.i OR 2.A.ii|
i Seminar Option (15.0 units)
a. 3.0 units from ECON 480/3.0-499/3.0
b. 12.0 units from ECON at the 400 level
ii. Thesis Option (15.0 units)
a. 6.0 units in ECON 590/6.0
b. 9.0 units from ECON at the 400 level
|B||3.0||from||ECON 231/3.0; ECON 232/3.0;
ECON 331/3.0; ECON 332/3.0;
|D||6.0||from||ECON at any level|
|E||6.0||from||ECON at any level
Supporting (6.0 units)
[ MATH 123/3.0 AND MATH 124/3.0 ]
- At least half of the 400- and 500-level units must be obtained at Queen’s University, including the seminars ECON 480-499.
- The prerequisite for fourth year seminars include a minimum average GPA of 2.6 in the top 30 Units of Economics.