Allen Head joined the Department of Economics at Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario in 1991. His general research fields are macro and monetary economics, with a particular emphasis on applications of search theory. His current research focuses on the dynamics of house prices and construction, the affordability of housing, and the role of search in understanding growth and fluctuations in service-based economies.
- ``Has Canadian House Price Growth Been Excessive?'', (with Huw Lloyd-Ellis) Canadian Journal of Economics 49(4) (November 2016) 1367-1400.
- ``Search and the Dynamics of House Prices and Construction'', (with Huw Lloyd-Ellis and Hongfei Sun) American Economic Review 104(4) (April 2014) 1172-1210.
- ``Housing Liquidity, Mobility and the Labour Market'', (with Huw Lloyd-Ellis) Review of Economic Studies 79(4) (October 2012) 1559-89.
- ``Sticky Prices: A New Monetarist Approach'', (with Lucy Qian Liu, Guido Menzio and Randall Wright) Journal of the European Economic Association 10(5) (October 2012) 939-73.
- ``Market Power, Price Adjustment and Inflation'', (with Alok Kumar and Beverly Lapham) International Economic Review 51(1) (February 2010) 73-98.